Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Anyone have a spare couch in the El Paso area?

My life is an adventure! I know I have said this before... but sometimes I really mean it. Take today for example.....

I decided to make the kids a good lunch for once and not just a PB&J..... Pan cooked Quesadillas to be exact. So anyways... I am just taking the last Quesadilla out of the pan when Alexander comes running up to the kitchen gate (yes my kitchen is gated off.... I found Aeddon "hiding" in the oven one to many times....) and screams "MOMMY!!! MOMMY!! AEDDON MADE A BIG MESS! COME QUICK!" so I do what any good mom does... I finish serving the Quessadillas onto their plates and make my way to the livingroom.... And this is what I see....

IMG_3025

Yep. That is Aeddon covered in peanut butter. He had taken a full 18oz jar of peanut butter out of the cabinet while I was cooking (the food cabinet is a stand alone thingy in the dining room... it didnt fit in the kitchen...) and proceeded to rub it all over himself... and all over my couch.

After I took a deep breath I asked him what the heck he thought he was doing... and his response????? Go ahead. Try to guess......

"OOOOOOOOO smooth skin! SO SOFT!"

Seriously.... where do kids come up with this stuff???? Do they go to crazy idea college when you are not looking? He actually thought that the peanut butter would work like lotion! AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Aeddon was easily cleaned up. I gave him a bath... and used alot of soap.... and other than the fact that he smells a little like a walking peanut... he is as good as new.

My couch on the other hand......

IMG_3027

Is not going to make it. There is just no way to clean that much rubbed in peanut butter out of a loosely woven fabric. So it is sitting out on the curb waiting to be taken out with the trash tomorrow morning.

Of course there is a down side to not keeping the peanut butter couch... I only had the one couch. So now I have no couch... which means that I am sitting on the floor when I sit in the livingroom....

This sucks. Anyone know someone who has a spare couch they wanna give me?

1 comment:

rho said...

euwwww -- there would be a ban on PB if this were my house - good thing I never was able to have kids huh? But you are a good mom and probably have it on your shopping list already don't you ;)