Friday, May 9, 2008

Do you identify with this at all?

I love Dane Cook. I do. It is ok... Owen knows. I love Dane Cook cause he is one of few comedians whose comedy I really identify with. Right now my personal favorite is this little skit called B&E.... Watch it!!!!!



I can totally identify with this! I thought once apon a time that I wanted to be a criminal.... but I really just wanted a little blue collar mayhem! I just thought I would share that with you.

So on a completely different front.... Aeddon has the cutest vocabulary.... He likes to use big words... the best part is that he uses them correctly... even if he doesn't quite pronounce them correctly.... For instance he loves to say "Thats fantastic!" But he says "that's furdtastic!" He also asks me "are you frusterated?" But he says "are you fudderdaded?" So cute!

On the crafting front... I have been making soakers for Mikaela. Her skin is so sensitive that she can't handle the PUL in some of her diapers.... so I am switching her to all wool. With wool she hasnt had a rash at all in over a week... So I have been knitting as fast as I can... considering... I have finished 2 soakers already and am about 1/2 done with a third one. I will probably need about 6 or 7 in her current size... then I think I will start making her some XL ones so that I wont have to scramble to make them when she needs them! Here are the ones I have done so far.....
IMG_2413
This is the first one I made!

IMG_3078
Here is the second one...

I know they are not that pretty... but they catch poop... so I am really not that worried about it. Once I finish the 3rd one (that will make 4 total cause I have one that I bought...) then I am going to take a small break from soakers and knit Katja for Mikaela in the super pretty Noro Yarn that I talked about here I think that the blend of cotton and wool in that will make a great little shirt for Mikeala! Plus I think I can adapt the pattern to knit it in the round so that it is faster to make.(Plus I totally suck at seaming...) If I end up liking it I forsee a future for Mikaela of summer wardrobes consisting entirely of katja shirts and the Summerlin dress/shirt by Kathryn Ivy.... So Cute!!!! I can just see it now... anyways...

On the homebaked goods front... I decided to try my hand at making sourdough from scratch... I used the sourdough starter recipe I found online... then I used the Berkeley Sourdough recipe.... I might have to adjust the recipe for the Berkeley sourdough though... cause it just did not rise as much as it is supposed to and I have a feeling that the bread is going to end up significantly more heavy than it is supposed to! I followed the recipe exactly... but the bread dough didnt feel stretchy enough... so it didnt rise for crap. I am gonna bake it anyways and see what happens. worst case senario I wasted some time and about 2.5 cups of flour. It will be worth it if I can figure out how to make my own bread. I get tired of buying 2 loaves a week for 3 bucks a peice when I could make twice that much for half the money! I will post about the bread some more latter... I need to go make it now.....

No comments: