Monday, November 24, 2008

My Boy is 5!!!!

I can't believe it, but Alexander is 5 years old! His birthday was on friday. I know. It has been over three days and I am just posting this now.... but there you go! I dont know why, but I never managed to take his picture on his birthday.... but he looked much the same on Saturday when we had his birthday party.

IMG_8472

Wanna see his not-a-cake cupcakes?

IMG_8466

They didn't wanna all fit on the biggest tray that I own.... so I just kinda had to smoosh the words together.... but it says Happy 5th Birthday Alexander. I could not decide if I wanted his frosting to be blue with red writing or green with red writing. Owen pointed out that the red and green only option would look kinda Christmas-y. (that is kinda a sore subject around here....) so I did both! Not at all Christmas-y and all boy! I love how it turned out! I just need a bigger tray.

He got lots of great presents. Both sets of grandparents even sent him gifts in the mail! Well mine sent a gift card in a birthday card (my request actually). We just invited a few friends. Some how I managed to get a picture of almost every female in attendance eating a cupcake.... Wanna see? Ok.

IMG_8477
IMG_8479
IMG_8489

These are just the three that made the best faces.

Oh yeah! Did I mention that Owen called his parents and I called my parents and we both put them on speaker phone so that they could join in the fun of singing "The Happy Birthday Song"? Yeah. It was really sweet.

And now I think I shall leave you with a picture of my big boy in his jammies playing with the dinosaurs that his Gran and Grandad (Owen's parents) sent him.

IMG_8545

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like he had a good birthday
hope you and your family have a good thanksgiving