Monday, November 23, 2009

Alexander's first school birthday

First I would like to start this post with a HUGE THANK YOU to Karen P. She read my last post on facebook (I have my blog upload to my notes there...) and gifted me a year of pro-account on flickr! So I am back, with pictures!

Friday was the day before Alexanders 6th birthday. Since it was the first year that he was in school near his birthday, I decided that he HAD to take cupcakes to school. First I checked with his teacher to be sure that it was ok and that none of the kids had serious allergies to anything that might be in cupcakes.

IMG_7868

He wanted funfetti cupcakes with green wrappers (hooray Christmas cupcake wrappers!) and green frosting and "Spiderman Sprinkles" which are of course just regular red, white and blue sprinkles. Of course I made him exactly what he asked for!

Then his teacher, Ms Jackson gave him birthday crown and the whole class sang him happy birthday!

IMG_7872

School Birthday success!

2 comments:

April said...

Congrats Jaclyn, you're the winner of Ree's cookbook!

Katidids said...

What a sweetie! I know he loved it! Congrats on the winning the book!You'll have t post photos of the completed dishes!