Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Halloween themed weekend of Fun! Part 2!

Ok. I think that it is about time that I posted the second half of our weekend of fun.... so I can tell you about other stuff happening in Baileyland without leaving you hanging....

On Sunday we went to Zoo Boo at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. The kids wore their costumes. I am all for them wearing their costumes as much as possible... since those things arent free!

Mikaela was a cat:

IMG_8073

Aeddon was a vampire and Alexander was Optimus Prime:

IMG_8074

I know. So cute you can hardly stand it! Me too!

They had lots of activities around the zoo. We did almost none of them. In fact the only Zoo Boo activities that we did were the two arts and crafts that they had in the aquarium area.... One was making a spider web picture using paint covered marbles. I did not get a picture of that. I know. Sad. I was pathetic with my camera on sunday. I only took about 20 pictures total.

The other craft was making a bat out of a toilet paper roll and some construction paper. Alexander thought the craft was lame. The only part he was able to do for himself was glueing the ears and wings to the bat. The craft helpers did all of the cutting and even glued the construction paper to the tp roll. I drew the faces cause the kids asked me to.

IMG_8075

IMG_8076

Alexander thought it was so lame that he gave his bat to Mikaela to play with.

IMG_8077

After that... all the kids wanted to do was play on the playground. So they did. After an hour or so we left. Alexander wasnt being very nice to the other kids and he knocked over my warm apple cider. So we called it a day and went home. Thank goodness we have passes to the zoo! If we had paid to get in to Zoo Boo I would have been ticked. Since the passes have already paid for themselves in admission fees.... I figure it was totally fine that we spent an hour at the really fancy playground.

So that concludes the fun filled weekend. For the record, the pumpkins are still in the back of the van.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. At least I get to see pictures of the kids! I hope we can get up to see you guys again soon.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

How cute are they:)Hugs Darcy