Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Swaps are fun!

So, I am a moderator on a group on Ravelry called Caffeine Addicts. One of my jobs as moderator is to co-run swaps a couple of times a year. The hard part for me on this is not "cheating". It would be very easy for me to pick out who sends to me and who I send to. Instead I had Owen help me!

Well anyways. It came to be time to ship out swap packages. I sent mine off to Vegasdealer78. She was alot of fun to shop for. She and I have similar taste in things, and some of her favorite places to visit are some of my favorite places from my past! I actually had a hard time trying to stay in my limit! I started to spend closer to $100, and Owen reminded me that as a moderator, spending twice the limit I helped set would be setting a bad example! Spoilsport! If you wanna see the package I sent, you can check it out here!

My package came to me all the way from Australia!!!! I have always wanted to go to Australia, but for now a package from there will be just fine!

IMG_9546

This is before I opened my package. Please ignore the hole in the wall behind me!

Then I opened it!

IMG_9552

There was some soft and pretty redish/hot pink fingering weight yarn, a box of chocolates, which was consumed by my family (I got a few pieces) within the hour, some heart shaped chocolates, a box of loose leaf tea and a tea strainer ball. The tea is very floral and sweet. I drank a whole pot by myself in under an hour!

Thank you Liz, AKA Rickielee1985! My package rocked!

1 comment:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Thats very cool. I love getting things in the mail