Tuesday, February 3, 2009

As one door closes, Another opens.

IMG_9500

See that? That is Mikaela's brand new big girl bed. We have known for a couple of months now that it was time to move her out of her dilapidated old crib and into a brand new big girl bed, but had to put it off for several reasons. One of those reasons was, in all honesty, money. The biggest reason for me though was me. I wasn't ready for my sweet baby princess angel to be a big girl.

It was time for me to face the facts though. She is potty training,(which for the record she initiated. I am not pushing her in the slightest!) She can talk in coherent sentences, and most importantly, every time we went to Ikea she begged for a big girl "jump-jump" of her very own. I let her pick her bed and she chose this bed. We purchased it at Ikea. It is adjustable. It starts out a toddler length/twin width bed and can be extended two times until it is a standard twin sized bed. The mattress even comes in segments so that you don't have a bunch of extra mattress hanging around.

Mikaela even picked the bedding that she wanted. She picked it cause it had a hippo on it. What a cute way to pick your bedding!

Owen and I put the bed together in the living room while Mikaela slept in her crib. Then we moved it into her bedroom while she slept, and transferred her into it. Of course the noise of moving a bed into her room woke her up, so she knew exactly what was going on...

The conversation pretty much went like this:

Me "Mikaela, your bed is ready. Do you wanna sleep in your big girl bed?"
Mikaela "Jump-jump?"
Me "Yep. Do you want me to move you out of your crib now?"
Mikaela "Up please."

IMG_9501

She immediately made herself comfortable.

IMG_9502

We tucked her into her bed.

IMG_9503

She was asleep in her bed before I even stopped snapping pictures. Goodnight my sweet big girl princess angel.

2 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

That is such a great bed. I like that it can be made bigger.

Cute bedding.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

How pretty is her new bed and bedding we have a recently potty trained toddler to:)Hugs Darcy