Monday, February 11, 2008

Why babies don't knit....


Mikaela 365: Day 101, originally uploaded by jaclynbailey.

Not only is this a pretty good illustration of why babies don't knit..... it has also been a pretty good illustration of why I have never been a knitter.... until now. Watching my friend Stephanie get so much joy out of knitting made me really want to give knitting another try. I have a big order from www.knitpicks.com coming..... but I am impatient.... Plus I have had a couple of really bad days lately. So when I picked Owen up from work on Saturday he took me to walmart to buy some "craft supplies". I decided to get a set of Boyle circular needles and some Red Heart Carefree Cotton.... which feels really soft and is 51% cotton and 49% acrylic .... (I hate the Boyle circular needles by the way and can't wait till my nice ones from Knit Picks get here!.....) I figured I could practice the basic stitches so that I can just get started on a project when my Knit Picks stuff gets here.... I got the stitches all figured out and even figured out binding off the work! I am really excited. Well anyways. I needed to pick up a new hobby..... and this is one that I could make some money at if I get good..... So I guess it is good that I am better at knitting than Mikaela is..... and who knows..... Maybe some day I will teach her to knit too....

No comments: