Tuesday, September 2, 2008
I gotta tell you, I love me some cookies! I am gonna share with you the recipe for my favorite cookies. They are totally healthy too.... you know how I know??? They have oatmeal and raisins. How could they not be healthy?! (This is what I tell myself to justify eating them 5 or 6 at a time... and as a meal replacement....)
First your ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened.
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugarj
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated/ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins
1 cup chocolate chips
Now the making:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
4. combine in a seperate bowl: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
5. Mix dry ingredients into gooey stuff...
6. Stir in oats, raisins and chocolate. Mix well.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown
9. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, remove to wire rack
This recipe makes about 4 dozen if you make smallish cookies.
Then just sit back and enjoy. Or stand gaurd and beat back your kids and your husband.... Your call!