Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ginger is the COOLEST!

We are all gonna play a little game of pretend. Ready. When I say go, we are all going to pretend that I posted this yesterday. OK??? GO!

Six days left till Baby Liam is here. Today I had planned on a tender post about his bassinet and why it is so special, but I have decided to wait on that post until he is here and sleeping sweetly inside said bassinet.

Instead I want to tell you about a present I received from someone whom is very special to me. Her name is Ginger, and I have talked about her here on my blog before. The link to her blog is right there on the right hand side. Just click the link for Momma MC. Yep that is her.

I asked Ginger a few months ago if I could buy a custom embroidered shirt off of her to bring Baby Liam home in. Ginger insisted on making it for me as part of his baby present. Ginger is one of those SUPER AWESOME people who likes to make a present for every baby to be whose mother (or father) she knows personally.

She asked me what I wanted. I told her I wanted a cute little dragon in the same colors as the set I had/was knitting and crocheting for him. She asked for a sample of the yarn for color matching purposes. I sent it off to her and look what I got back!!!!!

IMG_0418

Isn't he SUPER CUTE???!!!!

This is the newborn sized Coming Home outfit all together.

IMG_0421

Just in case he is another 10lb baby like Aeddon was, I have a back-up plan!

IMG_0422

I still have to make the shoes for this one, but since they take less than a day, I can bust them out in the hospital if I have to!

Of course, in typical Ginger fashion, she did not just send the shirt! Oh no! She sent a whole package!

IMG_0417
This is the shirt and some cute matching sock/booties that she made! The sock/booties are crocheted!

IMG_0419
This is the super cute, super squishy ball that she crocheted! The older kids all love it and want to play with it, but I am trying to save it for Liam to play with first!

Last but not least, a few weeks ago Ginger posted a blog about the awful-ness that was buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys. I happen to love that particular flavor, and so I jokingly told her she could send them my way! Well HOORAY FOR ME! Ginger actually sent me a bag of Jelly Bellys of my very own!

IMG_0423

This was all that was left after they were in the house for just under an hour! This bag was almost 3x this full when it got here! At least I didn't eat them all! The kids helped.

I keep thinking Ginger has officially done the coolest thing ever, then she does something else. Like send me a really cool gift. Thanks Ginger! You really are the COOLEST!

1 comment:

Momma MC said...

I'm so glad you got your box! And that you like everything!

I was so happy to send you those Jelly Belly rejects! Turns out, there were many other flavors that I didn't like. ;-) I'm glad you and the kids enjoyed them.

(And I've been a bad, bad blogger...haven't posted since the Jelly Belly post...maybe soon!)

Give the kiddos big hugs from me, and I'll be waiting see cutie Liam when he arrives!

XOXO