Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today was a bad day.

Today was a bad day for me. Some good happened, but I think that I will bum you out a little first.

On tuesday, after delivery, I had a smallish hemorrage. They got the bleeding to stop, but I lost a lot of blood. Yesterday (wednesday) when they ran labs my reds blood cell count was low, but not more than was to be expected, all things considered. Well today when they ran my labs, it was worse. My red blood cell count was low enough that I had to have a 2 unit transfusion. I would like to thank the two O- people who donated to the American Red Cross. Whoever you are, you saved my life today.

Anyways. I am felling better now, but bthey will be re-running my labs at 9:30 tonight. If there is not a vast improvement, I will have a ct scan in the morning to look for a possible bleed.

On the bright side of my life, Liam is doing fantastic. He is a pro breastfeeder. He is as happy and as healthy as can be. Also, on the bright side, my milk came in today, so at least that part of my body is working properly!

I will update as I find things out. Love you!

2 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

(((((Hugging You))))))Darcy

Paige Darling said...

So sorry to hear things aren't well! I hope things get better for you so you can keep that baby healthy! And yes...blood donors are amazing people- I owe all I have to a couple aswell! Sending love and healing light your way!