Friday, January 23, 2009

Blah.

IMG_9407



I have the blahs. I have had the blahs for almost two weeks. The weird thing is, I shouldn't have the blahs.

Everyone knows what the blahs are, right? Yeah. I figured you all would.

See here is the thing. This is an exciting time of year for me. Owen gets enlistment bonuses and tax returns (we are getting the most this year that we have ever gotten by quite a bit!) New furniture is being purchased. This includes, but is not limited to: a new desk, a big girl bed for Mikaela, a new entertainment center (and a flatscreen to go in it!) and book shelves. All of our bills are being paid off. Nobody should be calling us anymore asking "when are you going to pay us?" Baby Liam will be here in about 3 months. I have lots of things I want to make and do before he comes.

See exciting stuff. Instead I can only focus on the negatives. We broke the last snappi and Mikaela is having to wear disposables, which give her a rash. Getting new furniture means moving stuff around to fit it in. This means I have to unpack all the boxes I have been ignoring since we had nowhere to put the contents.

I have a swap that I am helping to run on Ravelry. Each package going out contains coffee/tea and yarn and other valentines themed goodies. This should be a good thing, right? Well I dont wanna mail out the stuff I got for my swap partner. She and I have similar tastes in things (except that she doesnt like the smell of vanilla and I would make the whole world vanilla scented if I could) and I love everything I got for her and love the handmade item I am including.

Owen started letting me go to a knit night at my LYS (local yarn store for you non-knitters) and while I love the group, I hate having to drive myself. I hate driving!

I realize how whiney this all sounds, which is why I havent been blogging. I am wondering if this is a pregnancy thing. I know each pregnancy is different, but I have always been excited at the end of my pregnancies, so I have no basis for comparison! What do you guys think? Do you think my blahs are pregnancy related, or is just how alot of people are feeling right now? IS there a blahs epidemic similar to the tummy bug that has been going around?

What do you think?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Well I don't know about it being pregnancy related as I don't have too much experience in that area... But you are definitely entitled to a little whining on your own blog!

Jenn said...

PS, Mikaela looks SO much like Owen.

Paige Darling said...

I am also incredibly Blah right now. That's why I haven't been blogging so much. I think mine's due to roommates that never shut up and the face that I haven't had more than 2 hours of sleep a night for 2 weeks. Or that I have to start doing homework again. Blah.

Unknown said...

Paige: you will be getting an anti-blahs package in the next three weeks... I have been slowly accumulating things for you for the last few weeks. So yeah.

Jenn: All my babies look like Owen. The joke in the family is that I just incubate little Owen clones.

Paige Darling said...

Really? Score!